Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holiday Recap

I'm sorry it took us so long to post but its been an exhausting and wonderful couple of weeks. Becky and I were sick a lot. Grandma Debbie, Grandpa Dave and Aunt Beth all got sick too. But that was after Christmas - we called it Santa's curse. Ally thankfully never caught it. We're pretty healthy now - Ally has a slight cold, but nothing too bad. She remains her happy go-lucky self.
It was amazing to have Ally home for the holidays. We've been thinking about all the parents out there in Guatemala adoption limbo right now and we are so very grateful to have Ally home with us. If you can please say a prayer and send good thoughts to everyone in process right now I know it would be appreciated. The future of adoptions is pretty much up in the air as of yesterday so all we can do is hope and pray.
Ally was a tropper - we hosted our first Christmas gathering at our house and then we traveled to NY to see my family. Ally got to meet her Aunt Christine, Uncle Kurt and cousins Kaitlin & Jackson for the first time and she got to meet her Uncle Frank. It was very special to have all of my family under one roof, and I am really proud of my parents for hosting all of us.
New Years was quiet at our house, just the 3 of us and then today it was back to the office for me, and back to work as a Stay at Home Mom for Becky. I keep telling her that her job as SAHM is just as tough as mine.
Enough chatter - here are the photos!
Our Christmas Tree. We were so amazed by all the wonderful gifts we received.
Grandma Debbie got a new camera for Christmas and this was a very frequent site. Debbie taking pictures of Ally. I hope she got some good ones!

Ally opening up her stocking.

Ally and her cousin Kaitlin.

Ally received this very cute warm-up suit from her Great Aunt Cindy & Great Uncle Denny. I was so excited b/c we happened to have shoes from last year that matched the snowflakes perfectly! Yes she has discovered the fridge and speed crawls over to it everytime we open it up. It is pretty funny - she looks so proud of herself, I have no idea what she is looking for. And for the record our fridge is not usually so full - we were all stocked up for company.

Grandma Debbie gave her this dress - so Ally was all decked out in it for Christmas Eve.

She loves this stuffed snowman that Great Aunt Louise gave her - it plays "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" the entire song - every verse and note of it - she holds it up for us to push the button and then she dances along. Here is is happy because she got Grandpa Dave to push the button!This dress was a gift from my cousin Tom and his wife Joyce. Ally looked so cute.


So that is it for tonight. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday week. We really enjoyed spending so much time with each other and our families.

Oh and I also wanted to congratulate my cousin Dan on his engagement. Welcome to the family Jessica!

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

Sounds like a fabulous holiday (minus the illness). Isn't it great having them home?