Friday, September 5, 2008

Tired

When Ally starts to look this wiped out and exhausted and its not yet time for bed, we turn on SS (AKA Sesame Street). If Ally is really tired she sits in her chair enthralled for most of the episode. If she's not then she gets up, walks around and we turn it off. Can you tell she was tired?

To be honest we have mixed feelings about TV. We've read all the stuff that says TV is bad until after age 2 but we feel that SS actually helps Ally learn her numbers and words, I just wish we didn't feel guilty letting her watch it.

2 comments:

cm said...

lol I was just talking about this with a friend yesterday. They were trying to limit their kid to 30 min am and 30 min pm. Our take is this: we don't have a TV, all our guilty pleasures come from the internet (note I didn't say we don't watch TV, we just don't watch it on a TV!!!). Alice rarely sits still, and we have actually been talking about getting her to watch TV on the computer to teach her to sit still. The grass is always greener. I hereby release you from your guilt. Be proud you have a child who can sit still!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

I don't think tv is bad as long as they don't watch it all the time. I think Mia watches more than she should, but I don't think it will be the end of her world. I used to feel guilty but I don't anymore - motherhood is full of guilt!