Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Getting ready for Easter

Saturday we went to a birthday party and then got ready for the Easter festivities. Egg dying and cupcake baking and decorating were the tasks at hand!
I have to say I really like the age 3. Ally gets so excited about everything. Coloring eggs was a blast.

waiting for the dye to be ready

dipping the eggs in the dye

She even masted how to use the wire egg holder-thingy so her hands did not get covered in dye! we colored 15 eggs and when it was all over she wanted more!

So then it was on to cracking non-hard boiled eggs for the cupcake batter. This is her favorite part of baking. It just makes me laugh because I was scared to crack eggs until I was at least 13 - I used to get my little brother Kurt to crack them for me when I baked.

Even the gooey-ness doesn't bother her.

No comments: