Friday, June 3, 2011

Fun Filled Holiday Morning

On Memorial Day we actually had nothing major planned. The weekend had been filled with play dates and a trip to the zoo, lots of fun already but we had no specific plans on the actual holiday. After breakfast Ally told Becky she wanted to "make something" they decided on cookies. Oh my - Ally made the best ever chocolate chip-raisin-oatmeal-pecan-butterscotch chip cookies I have ever had. Becky kept aside some batter and made her own, but I had to say Ally's are AMAZING. I am as usual trying to watch what I eat but these cookies are making it tough.





Getting ready to bake - she even got out the apron all by herself.


Once the cookies were in the oven Ally went with me on a walk. I am trying to exercise at least 5 days a week. I am doing pretty well with it. I am doing my best to show Ally that exercise and eating well is important. I want to show her and model the good behavior and not just tell her. On our walk we spotted baby geese so Ally hopped out of her stroller to get a closer look.




When we got home, mama had the garden ready to plant. Ally donned her boots and garden gloves and was all ready to plant the seeds.




A girl always wears a pink and purple twirl dress, butterfly necklace and matching boots to garden right? In the end Becky said Ally looked for rocks and snail shells and let Becky do the planting.


Holding the worms they found. I think the girly-girl pink and her no fear of bugs and creepy crawlies is awesome!


To end the weekend we bought Ally her bery own noodle for the pool. We're lloking forward to the city pool opening at the end of our street and thought Ally would like her own noodle to bring with us when we go.

No comments: