Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day After Thanksgiving Part 1 - Tree climbing

The day after Thanksgiving Becky and I went shopping and out to lunch while Grandma Debbie watched Ally. We came home and found out Ally learned to crack walnuts!


She kept saying "I can do it Mommy" and she could.

Ally really likes eating nuts and she had a fun time getting them out of the shell.



Then it was outside to show off her tree climbing skills. While we were gone Aunt Beth and Ally climbed a tree.


Very cool fun tree





Ally loved it! Loved having a tree the "perfect size" for her to climb. She did keep looking for a branch to swing from.


Up so high



" look at me"



Such a happy smiley little girl.


I picked her up at kindergarten on Friday and as we walked out she said "I love school".

It just made me smile and my heart swelled. Ally is like a sponge soaking up new experiences, new friends and her new school.


Ally has a bit of a cold has was not sleeping well this weekend so I spent a lot of early morning hours in her room sitting with her. I could hear her counting in Spanish to try and get to sleep. It was music to my ears.


Becky and I have made the decision that Ally will no longer attend her after school program starting in January. It has been 3 months, Ally does not like it, and is a much happier person when she does not have to go. I've cut back my hours at work so I can pick Ally up at school everyday. We'll go to music class one day, and possibly gymnastics another day, so we don't have to go on the weekend any more, and we'll have play dates and fun and more time. Our whole family is looking forward to it. Ally is so happy and frankly she seems relieved to know she won't have to go much longer.

No comments: