Monday, August 5, 2013

Toad

I was at work, on a jobsite standing in a client’s yard when a small toad starting hopping around my feet. I was so excited to see one. We had them all the time growing up and called them “hop toads” I decided to catch it and bring it home for Ally. Once of the guys I work with got a coffee cup with lid for me to take it home in, and then at home Becky put it in a larger clear container for Ally to see it.

IMG_3547IMG_3549

After work we set it free in our yard.

IMG_3550IMG_3551

Hilarity ensued when it was dropped, picked up, ran after and it was so much fun! Ally kept saying how excited she was to hold the toad!

I feel pretty happy  to have passed on a fun summer memory to my daughter.

Ally asked me to take picture to email to Lauren, so we did, and Lauren said she thought the toad would make friends with the birds. Ally said “I hope the bird doesn’t eat it.   Birds eat toads you know.”

There you have it – our budding scientist talking about survival of the fittest so matter of factly!

No comments: