Sunday, January 12, 2014

HUGE milestone–First tooth lost

Ally lost her first tooth.
IMG_2818IMG_2816
One of her bottom front teeth had been getting really wiggly. One night at dinner I took a few pictures -  to remember what Ally looked like with all her baby teeth. Ally was a very willing participant in the documentation.
IMG_2821IMG_2831
You can see her adult tooth coming in behind it.
And 3 days later her tooth came out – at school! I picked her up at a friend’s house that day and she was so excited to tell me.  Her friend Max and his sisters were all excited to be a part of the momentous day as well.
IMG_2832IMG_2835
The tooth came home in a baggie with a very nice note from her teacher who documented the event.
IMG_2838bIMG_2839
On January 9, 2014 Ally P__ lost her tooth during Math class. We were just about to count backwards from 100 when she announced “I lost my tooth!” Congratulations Ally, you’ve lost the 30th tooth so far in in your first grade class! (Since the first of the year)
IMG_2840IMG_2843
The new smile!
IMG_5905

IMG_5908IMG_5911
After dinner Ally wrote a long note to the Tooth Fairy it said:
I don’t care if you leave it or not can you bring something because it is my first tooth can you leave a note to me. I was waiting for my tooth to fall out I’m excited for you to come. Love Ally
IMG_5913IMG_5914
That night she put her tooth and the note inside her (my old, from when I was a little girl) Tooth Fairy pillow.
IMG_5915IMG_5917
I was a bit afraid she would  never go to sleep. But she fell asleep very quickly, and in the morning Ally was very excited that the she got some money and a note from the Fairy.
IMG_5928

IMG_5921IMG_5922
The note told her that since she was so patient for her first tooth that she got $5.oo but in the future she could expect a gold coin.
IMG_5923IMG_5926
There are currently 3 other wiggly teeth. My how grown up Ally is!

No comments: