Friday, October 24, 2014

Party #3 of the weekend

Sunday morning, Ally and I did not attend church, instead we went to Mia’s birthday party. This was at a nearby science and engineering play space. There were many different kinds of things to build with. I kept think Becky should have come to this party, as mama is the engineer in this family. But she had to teach Sunday School. I think Ally and I did pretty well.

IMG_0799IMG_0801

Once again Ally worked on the card in the car. We had never been to t his play space before and Ally and I were a little stunned by the choices when we walked in. We sat down at a table with wooden blocks with River’s dad Thom. He was working on the Robot shown below. Ally and I built the chair from the pattern in the book.

IMG_0802IMG_0804

This is as far as Thom got with the Robot – the arms became un balanced and it fell. Ally and I started on a tower.

IMG_0805IMG_0807

Higher she kept saying.

IMG_0810IMG_0811

Higher. even when she had to stand on the bench to reach the top. Thom started another neat structure, and River and Zach came over to check things out.

IMG_0813IMG_0815

Finally the tower was taller than me. And it was moving a bit. So I deemed it “tall enough”.

IMG_0816IMG_0819IMG_0820

After the blocks we started using some other building blocks with Aiden and his parents. That is Dennis, Aiden’s dad and I pictured with our gigantic structure. It was so big the facilitators said we didn’t have to take it down – they kept it up as a display!

IMG_0821IMG_0823

Finally it was time to lunch and cake. So we told the boys t hey could break down the structure Zach and Aiden and River had a blast, and Ally watched on in glee. Really she was thrilled to watch it collapse. It was an impressive site.

After the party, Ally and I went to Roxy’s house for a play date. Then it was home for a quiet afternoon.

It was a pretty fun filled weekend.

No comments: