Tuesday, September 8, 2015

1st Day of School. 3rd Grade

Wow 3rd grade. It seems so old. When I was in 3rd grade I changed schools, I met my best friend, who now 34 years later is still my best friend. 
We spent the last day of Summer, Labor Day working at home. Lots of laundry, making outfits for school and I spent hours organizing Ally's room. It has been in need of a major overhaul all summer but we never seem to have time. It felt great. Ally spent hours on gymnastics, working on her bar and on the mat. It is impressive what she can do now. She took a break after about 2 hours and watched some you tube videos by other gymnasts her age.
We had Ally's choice for dinner, turkey burgers, fries and milkshakes from a local place. Eventually it was time for bath and then bed. As we expected getting to sleep was a challenge. It always is the night before something new. 
But eventually Ally fell asleep around 10pm.

This morning Becky went to get Cloey to take her out for a morning walk and found this:


After she work up Ally settled on the couch for her morning TV show and snack:


But eventually it was time to leave for school.


At Ally's request I did a fishtail braid this morning in her hair.


Excited and nervous for the first day. 

She has Spanish this week and reporter it was a good day. She understood everything and had a fun day.

The highlight for Becky and I was that Ally had unbeknownst to us recorded each of us a video of herself on Monday and then this morning sent them to us.
Ally has my old iPhone that she uses as an iPod. 
They were possibly the most touching and amazing videos ever.
In them she thanked us for a great summer, for some specific things. Like to me she thanked me for working so hard on her room, "I really like my room" and said how much she loved us and would miss us.
She thanked Becky for playing games with her and for taking her to camp this summer.
She told us we could watch the videos anytime we missed her. 
We were both very touched by her thoughtfulness. I sent her a video thank you back.

What a super special thoughtful daughter we have.

No comments: