Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving on Nantucket

This year we rented a house on Nantucket and invited my parents and Becky’s parents to join the 3 of us and Beth for Thanksgiving. It has been great!

Ally was sick for a few days before Thanksgiving – high fever and the sniffles. She kept saying “I feel crummy”. She missed two days of school, but that was actually ok since we got to leave earlier for the ferry on Wednesday.

IMG_5239IMG_5240

We made great time to Hyannis and then had lunch there waiting for our boat. Once on the boat dad headed up to the stern and watched us depart the harbor during sunset. Eventually he headed back to the car where it was warm.

IMG_8222IMG_8225

A selfie of Dad and I in the front seat – his first ever selfie! And then a shot of the foursome in the back. Mom, Becky, Cloey and Ally. I traded cars with my boss Charlie for the week, so we could take a bigger car to Nantucket.

IMG_8226IMG_8231

It was a short drive from the ferry to the house, and Debbie had dinner ready for us. After a movie with Grandma Debbie and Aunt Beth, Ally snuggled in for bed.

IMG_8233IMG_8234

In the morning Ally made Pilgrim Hat treats with Poppy Dave.

IMG_8237IMG_8238

Ally made place cards for everyone, even Cloey.

IMG_8239

 

IMG_5251IMG_5259

Beth took people on a drive around the island, and let Becky out to walk Cloey for a while.

IMG_5288IMG_5291

 

IMG_0807

After some hard work by everyone, dinner was finally on the table. (Beth’s room mate Jess joined us for dinner – she is next to Beth in the picture.)

IMG_0813IMG_0815

Eventually, several hours after dinner it was time for dessert, and goofiness. Ally loves whipped cream from a can.

IMG_0820IMG_5293

And she liked drinking sparkling cider out of a fancy glass.

IMG_5296IMG_8246

After dessert it was movie time, and snuggling with my daughter. She just wanted to sit next to me. The movie was not one of my favorites – I can’t recommend Rata.toile but she loved it, and I kept telling myself that Ally is 9 now and she wont want to sit and cuddle with me watching a movie for much longer. So I made sure to savor it.

 

IMG_8249IMG_8253

This morning I took a picture of the Beaver moon over the house. And we girls went to the beach. Well, Beth went to work, but the Grandmas, moms and Ally headed to the beach.

IMG_8258IMG_8259

It was a gorgeous day at the beach. 60 degrees and very little wind. Ally wore one of my socks over her boot to keep it protected and mom even joined us walking on the beach.

 

IMG_0823IMG_0825

IMG_0828IMG_0829IMG_0830IMG_0835

We spotted some seals swimming in the ocean – about 15 yards off shore. If you click on the pictures below and look at them bigger you can see the seal heads sticking up. It was the highlight.

IMG_0845IMG_0844IMG_0833

IMG_0839

 

After the beach we drove thru town, found an amazing parking space right near the museum (great spot Barb) and toured the Festival of Wreaths.

Here are a few of my favorites.

IMG_8261IMG_8262IMG_8263

I even bid on one – but I forgot to take a picture of that one. It was of a mermaid and would look fantastic in Ally’s room.

No comments: