Thursday, September 7, 2017

First day of 5th grade

Wow. 5th grade. 


Ally groaned at the inevitable first day of school pictures, but she humored me and smiled for all the pictures. It looked like rain so she grabbed an umbrella before we left. Her friends came thru with the schedule and told us today was a gym day so Ally picked out "sports clothes" as she calls them which are appropriate for gym days and wore those with new sneakers. 

We walked to school today, since it wasn't actually raining. 

After the events of the past two weeks I was glad we had done all of her school shopping in July and early August. We had a new backpack, lunchbox water bottle and all of her school supplies at home. So yesterday when we got home she opened everything up, sharpened new pencils and got it all ready for today. 


She even let me take a few pictures at school! She was excited and confident on the walk to school and wanted to walk in by herself. I did ask how much longer she would want me to walk her to school and she said "maybe in 6th grade I will walk with friends to school". She knows I don't mind taking her at all so when she's ready will be fine. 



I'm so proud of her. And I hope she has a great first day of 5th grade. I can't wait to hear all about it after school. She has gymnastics practice this afternoon so we will have plenty of time to talk in the car. 

No comments: