Monday, June 25, 2018

Last week of 5th grade

Last week was the last week of elementary school for Ally. She doesn't actually change buildings or even the actual school - her school is a JK-8 school (Ally went to junior kindergarten or some places call is pre-kindergarten when she was 4 at this school.) But they do change the format of classes after 5th grade and Ally will be changing classes for each subject. 



At the start of the week there was an after-school party for the whole class. It was super hot and Ally and her friends had fun running around in swimsuits and playing in the fountain. 


In this second picture you can see Ally better - in the back up high with Willow who is wearing a neon orange suit. 


Field Day! For the first year ever Ally didn't want me to come. So I didn't go - she had fun with her classmates. 

On the 2nd to last day of school we had a meeting with the 6th grade Language Arts teachers. It was mostly Spanish so I didn't follow it all but Becky was there. And trust me - the teachers now know that Ally is pretty shy and quiet. 

 Lazing in the morning before the last day - or maybe it was a weekend morning watching the World Cup soccer - we have been following that pretty closely.

 Last day of 5th grade.
 I honestly cant believe how long her hair is. It is actually too long for even Ally. She asked to get it cut asap - mostly it is so heavy and full she cant wait to get the layers cut back in - and a couple inches off the length.
And there she is - 1st and last day of 5th grade. 

Looking at the first day pictures makes me think about my mom. Ally missed the first few days of school because of my mom's funeral. Grandma Barbie would have loved hearing about the craziness of the end of school - concerts, recitals, parties, picnics and plans for the Summer. 
I suppose she is up in heaven following along with us in her own way. At least I hope she is. 


No comments: