Friday, July 10, 2020

Summer Vacation Week 3

July 5 - 11

Emotions are high and energy was low this week. Lots of movie watching and game playing and some puzzling and a new craft project.


Way back in March I ordered some needle point kits from our local sewing shop. I haven’t attempted them, but Becky wanted a craft she could do outside so Sunday she started one.


And enjoyed a lobster roll from her 4th of July leftovers! 


She and Beth were raving via text about how delicious they were.


Ally and Becky had a massive game playing afternoon on Sunday.


Monday I caught Daisy in the open bathroom window. We keep the air conditioning on 80% of the time but we had some cool mornings this week and opened up the house. 


Monday night we watched Fuller House on a mini projector I recently purchased. I thought it would be fun to put movies up on the ceiling/wall of our 3rd floor. It was pretty neat.


Tuesday Ally and I started a new puzzle. Of course that meant putting away our last one. Ally again folded it up.

And was shocked it actually folded 

Like a piece of fabric.



Very satisfying. I went to a late afternoon client meeting and Becky and Ally played Minecraft for 4 hours while I was gone!!!!
I stopped at Whole Foods on the way home and got a Rotisserie chicken. First time in 4 months we had one. 
It was so yummy. 
Then we watched a classic movie together.


Any guesses? I screamed so loud at one point Cloey hid under the footstool! Eventually Ally coaxed Cloey to the beanbag to snuggle in safely.


Jaws!!!


Ally loved it. So much that she then watched Jaws 2 and Jaws 3 on Wednesday. She said the 1st one was the best. 

Wednesday was a difficult day. To brighten things up we ordered pints of ice cream and my favorite peanut butter topping from our local ice cream shop JP Licks. 
And then we watched Twister together. It was not as big a hit with Ally as Jaws. But it was fun to watch.




Thursday I got up early and went for a walk with a friend. She’s a former model and super in to exercise. She slowed her pace for me but we did 2.5 miles in 45 minutes. That is a fast pace. 



No smile for this selfie. I was hot. But I’m going to try and walk with her once a week and on my own a couple other times. I’ve gotta get moving my body.


Thursday night before bed Ally groomed Cloey. 

And Daisy too.

Friday TGIF as usual.
Ally and I completed our puzzle!

This one was hard too. I’m hoping for an easier one next time. 



Becky went to Beth’s for dinner and some home improvement work. Well actually I’m not sure why they are both holding drills. I asked Becky to take some pictures and this is the only one she took. 


Bedtime snuggles with Cloey.


Saturday Becky thought it would be a good idea to see if She could carry Cloey in her backpack. 

Cloey was not pleased and literally kept crawling out of the back pack. 


Ally and Becky made a pineapple upside down cake. Ally looked through one of our cookbooks and picked out recipes she wanted to make. 
Becky loves this cake, me not so much and it was the first time Ally had eaten it.
Step one is greasing the cake pan with butter.

Step 2 is making a caramel like sauce for the pineapple.


Arranging the pineapples in concentric circles in the pan.

Lots of math in baking. 

Mixing the cake batter


The finished cake!! 


Before eating it Ally took a bathroom break. And her pets tried to get in with her. Daisy is literally putting her paws under the door and squeezing her face to the ground to see in under the door. These pets and Ally are so amusing lately.


Becky gave the cake a thumbs up 


And Ally thought it was delicious. She ate every bite.
It was a sweet way to end the week.

No comments: