Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Plus one: a new addition to our family


Ally’s 3rd week at her MSPCA she started texting me pictures of kittens. 

Finally I said. “Are you trying to ask me something?” And she said “I want her”. And we texted back and forth about adding a kitten to our family. She asked the people who work their if she could bring the kitten back if things don’t work out with her cat at home. Becky and I were worried about Daisy and how she would feel about a kitten. Ally was confident and determined and begged me to get to the animal shelter asap before her favorite one was adopted. 
I did not get there in time and her favorite kitten was adopted out. But I loved the pictures she sent me of this one, originally names Nimbus, and Ally thought that was a boy name. Turns out Nimbus was a girl and we fell in love with her. 





Introducing Daisy to her new little sister. I suggested Maggie as a name. It took Ally a few days to decide. But she kept coming back to Maggie.
Maggie is short for Magnolia (another flower like Daisy) that Ally and I saw in the Japanese Garden in San Diego. 

How cute is she? I love the ear hair, we call it “ear wings” our old cat Bryce had ear wings too.


Showing Maggie her new home.



Daisy kept her distance for a few days. The shelter advises keeping pets separated for at least a week. But we did not think that would be best for Daisy. So we kept Cloey away but let Daisy be in the room whenever Ally was there.






We all spent time on the 3rd floor hanging out with the kitten.





Beth even held her!

She’s so photogenic.



And down after 2 weeks Daisy and Maggie are friends. 



We got a new car tower for them.

And yesterday Ally found them curled up together. 




It’s fun to have a kitten. Daisy was so under-socialized she was not like a normal kitten. She hid from us and hated being held. But Maggie is so cuddly and happy to be with us all. 

No comments: