Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mommy's Birthday

Yesterday was Mommy's Birthday. Mama and I got her an ice cream cake from her favorite ice cream place. It has Grasshopper Pie ice cream and oreos and I heard it was really yummy, I refused to eat it but mommy and mama said it was delicious. I'll let mommy write the captions to all the pictures she took. But I must say it is pretty funny to have my mom's pull out the camera at the park. I think I'm the only kid there who gets her picture taken so much. Moms say its to share with all of you so I hope you appreciate how difficult it is to be coordinated and photographed all at once. It may look like I'm ignoring the camera, but really I am doing my best to look normal.

Here is the cake! Becky had the whole first year of Ally's blog made into a book for me as my gift. It is so great, and I love it!
I just had to get a picture of Becky and Ally together. It was a beautiful day yesterday and Ally finally climbed up the big kid apparatus at the park. She was ready to try her luck at the balance beam but Becky coaxed her away from it.
Before we knew it she was climbing up the BIG slide all on her own. It amazing how quickly she scampers up.

And then slides down.

All the way to the end.



Sometimes she looks so serious. I guess being a toddler is hard work.

After the park we walked up to Star..bucks. Becky wanted an ice coffee and we got a croissant for Ally. She was super cute and goofy sitting in the big leather chair. It was pretty hot outside and she was thrilled to be in the cold air and she would touch the leather and sign and say cold. Sometimes I just can't believe how lucky I am to be her mom. She is so adorable and fun and just perfect for us.

Showing off her croissant.

In June we ordered a new couch and it was pretty neat that it got delivered on my birthday! What better gift could I want than this great shot of my 2 favorite people on our new couch! They look so happy together.

It was not all fun and happiness this weekend though. Ally is seriously teething. I mean that honestly. She woke up from her nap on Thursday and had a bruise on her arm in the shape of her mouth, b/c she had sucked and gnawed on her arm so hard. She didn't break the skin - but its pretty bad. And a teething Ally is one with a very short attention span and one her does not nap well. The picture above is from this morning, right after she woke up. All she wanted was to be held and cuddled. Poor thing - her gums are SUPER swollen and we just feel bad for her. But I have to confess it was nice to have her snuggle in to my arms, and yes she is chewing on her cup.

As a nod to my mom I wanted to show her that Nali likes the doll (er cat) bed too. I plan on documenting all 3 of our cats enjoying it. Ally thinks its a step and we keep telling her "NO don't stand on it...see the cats sleep on it., You can sleep or sit on it too."

2 comments:

cm said...

omg how did you get it turned into a book???

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Happy Birthday! Love that you got the blog turned into a book - what a great idea for a gift!

I love how Ally keeps her hat on...what a good girl! She is so cute when she climbing up the slide.

I am sorry that Ally is teething. It is hard and they are so miserable. We keep Mia pretty drugged up with Motrin or Tylenol ; ) keeps everyone happier!

PS I sent you my email on the other post. did you get it?