Monday, March 2, 2009

Who Knew?

Long time followers may remember that last year at the beach in Florida Ally was not very happy about the sand. She did enjoy Cape Cod this past summer and really likes the sand box at the park, so we were hopeful this trip. The water was still not a joy - she climbed up my legs screaming as my mom laughed hysterically. Apparently I was not a fan of lake water when I was a child, so my mom thinks its fitting that my daughter doesn't like it either. Here is the story of our first day at the beach its told in Ally's words.


At first I wasn't so sure about the sand. Its an awful lot of sand, so I just stayed on the blanket.

But then my mama made a castle for me to stomp, and she made it so far away from the blanket that I could not reach it. I had to get off the safety of my blanket and walk on the sand to break the castle with my shovel.


Ohhh look at the sand blow in the wind.

This is lots of fun for me as the sand blows all over my moms.


Finally mama got me a bucket of water. A girl needs to wash her shoes at the beach.

Gotta get those shoes really clean.


I had so much fun getting them full of sand and then washing them off in the bucket. I think I did this for 20 minutes. I heard mommy saying she was bored, but not me. It was so fun to get my shoes dirty and then wash them "all clean".


See how much fun I had?

My moms just stood there watching me, you'd think by now anything I would do would entertain them. Gosh their shadows look big compared to me. Mommy said she was impressed with how wet and dirty I got.

When we got home, they made me take my clothes off outside. Can you believe that? So I got Ernie and went to tell Grandma Barbie all about my fun at the beach. It was my first day in Florida, and I had not seen Barbie since Christmas so she had a hard time understanding me that first day, but after that she was pretty good the rest of the trip.
Thanks for hosting us and for all the fun and goodies Grandma Barbie.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Oh how fun and just loved loved loved the pictures!!!!