Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wedding Weekend

One of my oldest friends, Jill, got married this weekend in Saratoga. Since it was so close to my parents we stayed with them and they took care of Ally while Becky and I attended the wedding.

As usual Ally one of Ally's favorite things is reading with her grandparents. Please note that Grandpa Frank's dog Java is sitting faithfully at his side next to the chair. Ally was so excited to go see Grandma Barbie, Grandpa Frank and Java that she talked about this all day at preschool on Friday. Her teacher told me when I went to pick her up, and yesterday we ran into a parent of one of her classmates who asked Ally about her trip. I am still giggling thinking of the teachers and parent-helper listening to Ally chatter all day about going to visit them. It just makes my heart swell.




An actual nice picture of Becky and I at the wedding, without Ally!

On another note I just had to document a memory:
Becky and I have been making and eating a lot of soup recently. One night Ally was kind of fussy so she sat on Becky's lap while Becky ate the soup. We had some yummy bread that Becky dipped into the soup. Ally asked for a piece of toast, but did not want to dunk it or eat any soup. But she did eat a piece of toast.
Then last night we were out and Ally was home with her babysitter, Tara, for dinner. I had set out Elmo Soup and a bagel for Ally's dinner. When we came home there was a mangled bagel - I mean it was desecrated. Apparently Ally tore pieces of the bagel off and dunked them in her soup! Tara said it was hilarious and impressive to watch. Ally did eat some soup with a spoon, but she really enjoyed sopping up the broth with the bagel.
Becky and I are always so stunned at how much Ally (and all kids we're sure) learn by watching us.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

What fun and I soooo loved your and Becky's picture. What wonderful special time with grandma and grandpa. My girls love that time too.