Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Weekend with Family

This past weekend we went to my parents' house for a family gathering. My younger brother Kurt, and his family (Aunt Christine and children, Kaitlin 4, Jackson 2 1/2 and Meredith 7 months) were there along with my older brother Frank. It was the first time we met Meredith and we had not since the other 3 cousins in almost a year. As usual Grandma Barbie should be nominated for Grandma of the Year - she had crafts and activities planned for the kids. Ally is so lucky to have such wonderful Grandmas as Debbie and Barbie.
Grandma Barbie with her granddaughter, Meredith Barbara

Kaitlin and Ally getting ready to decorate cookies with Grandma

The dough has be formed into round balls and then rolled in powdered sugar.

It was very messy dough. My mom made a recipe that her mom used to make. I can remember these cookies from my childhood - they are a lemon-cake cookie and we always decorated them with m-n-ms.

They were so messy we skipped a sink and got a pot of water for the girls to wash their hands in.

Hard at work decorating.

Kaitlin had to taste the dough

Ally and Kaitlin tasted the m-n-ms.
Jackson played with cars while the girls baked.

After cookies it was time for a cousins portrait! I brought matching outfits for them.

After pictures it was water painting with Grandma Barbie.

Coloring pumpkins!

Even Uncle Kurt was into the pumpkins

As the day came to an end Meredith got very hungry and I think you can tell Grandma Barbie was running out of tricks. Soon after this picture Christine came and whisked away Meredith with a bottle.

Uncle Frank bought us all a yummy dinner.

It was movie night - Toy Story 2 of course! Ally had so much fun sitting on the couch with her cousins eating popcorn and fruit (mostly watermelon).


They were so silly making faces at me as I tried to take a picture of them.

Father and Son - its like Kurt and mini-Kurt

Ally snuggled with Aunt Christine.

Grandma with 2 of her granddaughters. I love how Ally and Kaitlin are holding hands.


It really was a great weekend. We will not be getting together for the holidays so this was our family time this year. Ally has been busy packing this week after school - she told Becky recently that she was packing because she was moving...to a house near Aunt Barbie. I thought my heart would melt. Yesterday she collected her favorite things and said she was going on a trip to Gruncle and Suzie's house. I wish I took a picture of all her stuff lined up in the kitchen. She was so excited about her packing and organization. I'm just so happy that with our family so far away that she still has the opportunity to get to see them and know them.
I also got to see my friend Michelle and her family. Thanks to them for the "new to Ally" toys.

No comments: