Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Week 2009

Thanksgiving week - it started with Ally's doctor appointment on the 23rd - see previous post ofr the details, then on Tuesday I got a call from preschool that Ally was running a fever and was acting "lethargic" never what you want to hear at 11AM. So I left work early for the day and went to get her and bring her home. She did indeed have a fever and of course I was freaking out that it had something to do with her shots from the doctor the say before. I called and demanded to speak to her doctor, who told me not to worry - it was probably just a reaction to the boosters and the fever would go away in about 24-48 hours. It did - but no school for Ally on Wednesday. Her babysitter came and spent the morning with her until Becky's half-day at school ended.
Then my parents came Wednesday afternoon and before we knew it Thanksgiving was in full swing.
Tuesday night Becky made her cranberry relish and sweet potato casserole. Ally and I made the napkin rings for the Thanksgiving table. Ally kept calling them bracelets - and since they were small enough for her to wear I couldn't correct her.

She was so proud of her stringing ability.

Intense concentration





Thanksgiving morning we went to the park down the street. Grandma Barbie and Grandpa Frank stayed home and watched the turkey and started the mashed potatoes.



Ally had a blast on the hopscotch course. It was fun to see some neighborhood friends at the park. It was a beautiful morning - the playground was pretty wet from the rain the day before, so we just ran around a lot and had fun that way.


Back inside Becky set the table. Please note the corn-like-handmade-napkin rings that Ally and I crafted. Becky slaved over her centerpiece and the candle and flower arrangements in the picture below. I thought they were very festive.


We had a great dinner with my parents and some dear friends, Paul and Charlo and their friend Dana. It was a nice day.
Friday morning my mom and I got up early and went to Target at 630 AM. No electronics purchases for us but I did get a few good deals. Later in the day my mom, Becky and I went to the mall and Grandpa stayed home with Ally to babysit. My mom scored with lots of new clothes and a pair of boots. Its always fun to shop with her - for her clothes, not mine.

Friday evening Ally wore a dress she got from Great Aunt Martha for Easter - since she is finally big enough for 2T! It was fun to have her all dressed up with my mom and dad around to compliment her.

Ally has been so into music lately and asked to play mama's "little guitar" so Becky got down her ukelele and Ally serenaded us for a while before bedtime.

Then it was book reading before bed.


Saturday morning we went swimming and Grandpa and Grandma's hotel before they drove back to NY.

I love this picture of Becky and my mom blowing bubbles.

After swimming Ally cuddled up with Grandpa Frank to dry off.

Saturday evening Ally said she wanted to make something - so I have her a magazine to look thru and she selected "cyclops"cookies - the peanut butter ones with hershey kisses on them. While I made the cookie dough she unwrapped all of the kisses - all 48 of them. It was amazing to watch her concentration.


This morning Ally decided it was mama's birthday and wrapped a gift for her.


We had a great Thanksgiving weekend together!

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

That is truly beautiful. I so loved your Thanksgiving celebration. It looks like you all had such a wonderful time and that little sweet Beautiful Ally girl is so amazing. Loved her hard work on the candy kisses and no sneaking in her mouth!!!