Saturday, January 2, 2010

Vacation Fun

Its been a lot of time at home for the 3 of us. We have never actually had this much time together at our house. Its been a lot of fun, but I think Ally is pretty confused about what is going on. Today she said "mommy stopped working....mommy does not go to work anymore" vacation is an odd concept to a 3 year old! As nice as this has been I think we're all ready to get back to a routine soon.
Ally and her new special toy from Grandma Debbie - its her Kitty.

Ally and Becky made chocolate cupcakes one day, and so I made chocolate frosting for them. We let Ally have one after breakfast this morning. (She did eat yogurt first).




Somehow I never get tired of her smile and enthusiasm. I can't even imagine how many posts I've done about her eating cupcakes, but I just can't resist.




Today Ally played "going to Gruncle and Suzie's house" for a long time - like an hour and a half! First she gathered up all her things and put them in the corner, "on the airplane" and asked me to "come join us" us was Kitty, Ernie and Ally. It was kind of a tight squeeze in the corner with her airplane toys, her special toys and both of us. To top it all off I was not allowed to play with anything - just watch tv. Gradually the plane changed locations - it moved to the middle of Ally's room and then finally to the kitchen - which is pictured above. Ally brought her puzzles to Gruncle's house. Ally told me it was a long ride to Arizona on the plane. I was reminded about how Ernie's pillow came from the fair, and how we saw a Llama at the fair. We went to the library this week and checked out Llama llama red pajama - which we also did at Suzie & Gruncle's and so I think this has sparked the memories. We talked about how our next trip will be to Florida to see Grandma Barbie and we'll play at the beach and the pool. That is 6 weeks from now.

I tried to get her to smile but she hid her face in her hands. We got her some new slippers yesterday at the mall and she's been enjoying wearing them around the house. Of course she chose the pink ones!

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Ahhh, what fun. She's sooo adorable, loved the pictures!