Saturday, July 10, 2010

Awesome Mama

In case there was any doubt, Becky is an awesome mama. Our vacation together is almost over, tomorrow is the last day. Monday Ally starts summer camp for 5 weeks at her preschool and I go back to work. We all had this past week together and before that Ally and Becky had 2 whole weeks home together every day. Becky is such a good mom she made pink and purple pancakes for Ally and even figured out how to get an A in them. I was so impressed at the leftovers in the fridge I staged a photo shoot so I could blog about it.
And then last Friday, July 2 our vacation started and again Becky demonstrated how awesome she is by sitting on the curb on the off ramp of I-90 with Ally so Ally could pee.

And of course I grabbed the camera and took a picture of it. I must admit its terrifying to be driving on the interstate at 70 miles an hour and have your child say, "mommy I need to pee", at the exact moment that you drive by the very last rest area. Then Ally gets upset and starts saying "mommy I need to go really bad..." So as we try hard not to panic, and I keep driving, since I refuse to stop on the side of the highway and wait for the next exit things get more and more tense in the car. But finally there was an exit and I pulled over as soon as it was safe. Becky quickly got the small pink potty out of the trunk and I extricated Ally from her car seat. I am extremely proud to report that there was no mess, no wet, and all was good. Afterwards we got back in the car, and drove the 45 minutes left to my parents house.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Note: Ally felt that books were necessary for peeing by the side of the road. Whatever makes you comfortable, I guess!