Thursday, April 21, 2011

Any Given Sunday

On any given Sunday this is the kind of activities you'll find us doing.


We went for a walk in the neighborhood and then out for breakfast.

Walking to get a donut for Ally after she ate all her eggs at the restaurant.
Ally and her donut. Then Ally and I went to swimming lessons but I was so busy talking to another parent I did not take a single picture. Then after swim lessons Ally and I did battle in the locker room. She really does not like to take showers, and taking on in the locker room is nightmare for her. She screamed and cried and refused to get in the water (it was almost worse than Flagstaff last year Aunt Suzie) finally I picked her up (while I was fully clothed) and held her under the shower to rinse off. It would not have been so bad or worth the battle, but we had a party to go to after swimming, and before we got there Ally agreed to take a shower, so I really felt like I could not give in to her crying, I felt I had to make sure she got wet and rinsed off the chlorine or it would send a message I don't want her to learn. It is sometimes so hard to be a parent.


As soon as the shower was over we went straight to the party. It was Ally's friend Stella's little sister Violet's 2nd birthday. Complicated I know. But Ally and Stella had lots of fun being together and being the older girls at the party. I just had to snap this picture of the two of them out on the porch together. They look all grown up eating alone and chatting.



Patiently waiting to the cake to be cut.


Ally took this picture of Kitty and taggie, Special Kitty is still one of Ally's favorite "special things".


After the party, and a nap at home Alice came over for a play date. I think I should mention now how lucky we feel we are that Ally does still take a nap, about 3 days a week at school and every day on the weekend she sleeps for at least an hour.


At the park.


Look at how high Ally threw the ball


Last Sunday was another great day for our family. We had time together, time with friends and some alone time for each of us. A really nice mix of activities.

No comments: