Monday, August 29, 2011

The Great Storm

It was supposed to be the storm of the century, Hurrican Irene. But it kind of fizzled here in Boston. We spent the most of the day inside. Ally played by herself with input and encouragement from me, while I tried to read a book, and Becky sewed. I finished my book while Ally watched a Dinosaur Train DVD in the afternoon and Becky finished her project. Pants for Ally. Check them out!
Ally's first response sadly was "they look kind of silly...what if someone laughs at me..." but she did try them on eventually and then would not take them off! We loved this model pose she did.
All smiles
Then in the afternoon Ally and I ventured outside. This was the worst of the damage in our neighborhood - a downed tree limb. It actually fell in the middle of the street so nothing was damaged, then a good samaratin dragged it to the side of the road.
Ally said these flowers "looked sad" I have to agree.
We walked around the neighborhood with some friends for quite a while and then headed home for dinner and bed.
All in all we feel very lucky to have missed the brunt of the storm.

No comments: