Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thankful



It is coming up on our 5 year anniversary of being a family.

5 years - how can that be? Sometimes it's as if she was always my daughter. Sometimes it's as if 5 years have flown by.
I am so grateful to be Ally's mommy. I feel so lucky and privileged that I get to raise this amazing child.

The other night Ally was all tucked in to bed and she kept talking to me, and I finally said she needed to be quiet and go to sleep and she said "Mommy? Can I just tell you something?" of course I said yes - and so she says "I love you"

Sigh
I am so thankful.

Lately I find myself focusing even more on how lucky I am.
A close friend has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and has less than a year to live. She has a 13 year old daughter, a husband and 2 adult children. It really puts things into perspective for me.

No comments: