Monday, July 16, 2012

Camping Day 2

After a rough night of sleep for me I woke up early and enjoyed some quiet time at the campsite - I took a shower and read my book before everyone else started to wake up.

 

Ally took this picture of Becky and I.
Ally found a "teeny tiny pine cone"

After breakfast I took the girls on a walk while Cheryl and Becky packed up the campsite.

Ally and I showed Alice where we walked the day before.



We stopped at this small sandy beach and I suggested they throw rocks. Ally was pretty excited and could have done it for an hour.
At the end of our walk we came across some boggy - peat marsh land. Ally was pretty interested in it, from her dinosaur shows, and both of them thought it was neat to walk on squishy land.

Finally time for more fishing!

And with the first cast Ally caught a fish! I love this picture of Alice pointing at it so excitedly!


Posing with  the first catch of the day.
Ally was so thrilled - she turned and looked at me just beaming with joy.
While we were fishing there was a triathlon taking place - and the first leg of the race was swimming in the lake.
Soon a 2nd fish was caught

Alice touched it!

Ally held it and released it into the water
Cheryl gave it a shot holding it as well and then tried to give it to Alice so Alice could put it back in the water

But the fish jumped and dropped in to the water!
Oh the squeals of laughter and shock!

Look closely and you can see the fish in flight!

After we caught about 6 fish we decided it was time to head out - we planned on going blueberry picking on our way home.



Ally loved this gigantic super long hopscotch that some kids had drawn on the road.

In the car all buckled in ready to go pick some berries.
Yes Ally is wearing her sunglasses upside down - she decided to do that on her own on purpose.
Just too cute and silly she is!

No comments: