Friday, July 27, 2012

Mommy's Birthday

I turned 39 years old on July 26. I wish I could say it was the best birthday ever.
But maybe 39 was the universe's way of saying 40 will be the best one!
It was a stress-filled day of work and then as can sometimes happen my lovely amazing 5 year old daughter was not in the best of moods. But I was happy to spend the evening with Ally despite her mood, and with Becky who tried very hard to make it a great birthday for me.

 Here is the gorgeous table scape I came home - Becky created the Happy Birthday Julie banner herself.

Ally and Becky played legos


 we opened gifts and ate my favorite tortilla chips
Ally made me a beautiful card.

 The best smile we could get out of her

Eventually after the 3rd meltdown and a nap in the stroller, Ally asked to go to the park.

 A friend from school was at the park which helped a lot

And soon enough Ally was in a smiling happy mood

We did not have cake - it just was not the right night for it. Becky made up for it by ordering a cake for when we were away over the weekend.

No comments: