Saturday, January 6, 2018

Snow Day!

Blizzard conditions Thursday. Schools closed, snow emergency declared and we closed my company too.

After some morning time watching tv and playing Minecraft with mama. We invited Ally’s friend Cata over to play. They’ve had a blast.




They asked to go outside. So they bundled up and headed out. After a few minutes in our yard they asked to go to the park a block away. I bit my lip and said yes. Away they went. By themselves to play in the snow at the park. 

Becky and I gave them 45 minutes alone and then she bundled up to go check on them. They were totally fine and having a blast.




Jumping off the structure!


But ready to come in after an hour of play.

Becky made them hot cocoa and I baked some easy cookies.


Warm and dry again! 

Now they are watching a movie. It’s so fun to have friends so close by. 
And for sure Ally is growing up and getting more and more independent. I’m so proud of her. It’s on her terms and her timeline. Just like everything else in her life. 

They just announced another snow day for Friday. They are so excited:




No comments: