Thursday, January 17, 2019

The past 2 weeks

The past two weeks were a challenge. I was sick, Becky served on a jury and missed the first few days back at school, then Becky got sick and had the youth group lock in at Church which left Ally and I solo with the pets, then Ally got sick. And I had to go see my dad for an important appointment.

Ally was the sickest - 104 fever - she missed 3 days of school, a week of gymnastics practice, including a meet, and ballet class. Becky brought her to the pediatrician and was told it was the flu!




















Most mornings I go in to make sure Ally is awake and moving and find her like this - snuggled with Daisy. For many years Ally has told us she is lonely at night. Having a hamster helped some - but its not like either of those would snuggle with you. Cloey decided at an early age that Becky is her person and she wants to sleep with Becky and won't stay with Ally night. But Daisy. This kitten has learned to love Ally. She no longer hisses - she in fact comes to see Ally, sleeps in bed with Ally, sometimes on her pillow or under the covers.
And Ally loves it.
















We finally hung up the last few things in Ally's room and I took some pictures. Ally is thrilled with her room - it has 3 windows, fantastic lighting, lots of privacy and more space because with the 3rd floor we have lots of her stuff up there.






















Ally does homework all over the house. Sometimes on the 3rd floor - here she is using her lap desk from Great Aunt Martha and Uncle Phil. 

Sometimes in her room - which can be a challenge when Daisy wants to play.  And sometimes she does it at the kitchen table.






















Portrait of a jury forewoman. Yes Becky had jury duty, she had to report January 2. She was selected to a jury and was assigned the role of forewoman by the judge. The trial lasted 2 and half days. the jury deliberated on the 3rd day and declared a verdict.
Civic duty accomplished.




















My phone is full of pictures of Ally and Daisy.
















Sometimes when Becky is away, Ally sleeps with me in the "big bed" we texted Becky a selfie of us to say good night.




















Keeping it real - in the morning I texted Becky another selfie - this of me and Ally with Cloey between us - all in the "big bed" which isn't so big with that many things in it. Cloey would not be quiet in her crate so Ally and I gave in during the night and let her come in bed with us.
















Beth came over to hang out one Sunday - they played video games and worked on a puzzle.






















Sick day #1 - kittens really do make everything better.


















Sick day #4 or 5 above - Ally was so sick she didn't even cry about missing her meet. She was so sick she knew she couldn't compete. She was sad and felt bad, and mostly bad about letting her team mates down, but she was really sick. For 4 days she watched TV all day long - Full House upstairs and Fuller House in the living room. She did not even have the  mental capacity for a movie until Sunday afternoon. It was crazy.






















But Monday she went to school, and came home in good shape - and insisted on going to practice Tuesday and stayed for the whole 4 hour practice, even when her coach and we said she could come home. She told me it felt so good to be there. I've started to ask her what she is most proud of at practice (in the car on the way home). For years I've asked for 3 fun things at practice, but another mom gave me the idea to ask her what she was proud of. Last night she told me bars - "because I thought after a week off and being sick I would have lost my form. But I didn't. I did well."

She did say that beam was tough - that is a bit harder to get back to being used to after so long away. She has 5 more practices until her meet in Manhattan on January 27. I hope she can stay healthy and well rested.

No comments: