Monday, November 12, 2007

Our first understood word

Okay, so she doesn't say anything that I understand as a word.

But today, it seems pretty clear that Ally knows one word: CLAP!

When I tell her to clap, she claps. It's pretty cool. I guess I need to use the same intonation and say "BURP!" or something unrelated and see if she claps, too. I am, however, very excited. I feel like she is suddenly very interested in all the noises that come out of our mouths, and has figured out that they mean something.

Watching a kid learn is really cool!

2 comments:

Pam said...

That is so exciting to hear that Ally is learning and understanding words now. Although .... Let's see what your blog is next year at this time - "Ally is talking our ears off - Why did I ever teach her to say clap?". Hee Hee! Just Kidding! Look forward to seeing you on Thanksgiving! Gobble Gobble, Ally! ;o)

Pam said...

Oopsie - Aunt Pammy thought she could even SAY clap too. My bad! But kudos to the kiddo on the clapping! Yay Ally!!!!!