Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of a New Era

Today was the first day that both mommy (me) and mama (Becky) went to work. The first day in over 2 years (27 months to be exact) that someone other than Becky or I cared for Ally for the whole day. Of course it was harder on me than Ally and Becky is so busy at work with her class schedule I don't think it phased her. Our new babysitter Tara seems really great. Ally had a blast with her today and is looking forward to seeing her on a regular basis. They went to the grocery store, the park, played at home and Ally even took a 2 hour nap! Preschool does not start full-time for another week and half, but Ally seems fine with both of her moms working and talks about preschool starting soon. Her teachers come to the house on Friday for a home-visit. I am looking forward to meeting them.

In case you did not know Ally loves tire swings. Becky drew the picture above for her months ago.

On their last day together last week Becky took Ally to a park with a tire swing and Ally finally got to ride on one.


2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

It's soooo tough on us and the kids just fly threw it!!!! She looks positively excited with that fun tire swing! We parents all think so funny as we want them to "grow up" and yet "stay young"!!!!! Will be sending happy vibes your way, best wishes to all of you with your transition. I know it will go so well!

Mama Bear said...

Hey Julie, I wanted to let you know that you both are so inspiring and such an awesome family and I love that "Kreativity" you show. LOVE the tire picture and awarded you a Kreativ award! Please check out my blog for the details.
http://fourchildrenrus.blogspot.com

Hugs, Rhonda