Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sick moms

We came back from Florida and I got a cold. It is still here. I ended up in the ER on Sunday morning at 3AM with terrible ear pain - yes it was an infection. Then Sunday night my other ear developed an infection. UGH - now I know why kids scream and cry when they have an ear infection - it hurts really bad. I'm such a good partner that I gave my cold to Becky and now she has a sinus infection. Fun times here at our house with 2 sick parents. Thank goodness for preschool and our babysitter who comes and takes Ally to school in the morning. Today Becky and I are both home sick. It is very challenging to be a good parent when we are sick. I'm sure everyone deals with this at some point, but Becky and I have never wished so hard that we lived closer to our parents so we had some help during this difficult time.
Ally is dealing with it like a trooper - she doesn't really understand that we're sick - when we say we have a cold she thinks we mean we are cold (as in temperature) and offers to get us a blanket.
I still need and want to blog about Florida but that will have to wait until I feel better and am not resting with all of my "free" time. But in the meantime here are a few pictures. Ally by the way is healthy - we're hoping she stays that way.
Ally rediscovered her fishing set - thanks cousin Mandy - it is a favorite toy right now and Ally loves to catch her fish. She especially loves getting the purple one, because she is a Purple Fish (its the name of her classroom at preschool).

Yesterday while Becky was at the doctor Ally and I played dress up. Can you guess what she is?


A pirate!

The cutest most awesome non-scary pirate that ever lived.

No comments: