Thursday, December 9, 2010

So grown up

This morning I was home with Ally - which is unusual for us, since typically her babysitter Lauren gets her up and dressed and takes her to school. But today I was Parent Helper at school, so Lauren had the day off and I got to take Ally to school. I was busy getting our lunches ready so I asked Ally to go in her room and get dressed. I pick out her clothes the night before, so the outfit is my choice. Before I knew it she had her pajamas off, her shirt on and was putting on her pants, ALL BY HERSELF! Then she proceeded to put on her underwear, pants, socks and shoes and even combed her hair.
My little girl is not so little anymore, and she is growing up more and more each day.
We've known for a while she was capable of getting dressed, but Becky and I usually help, so today was the first time I witnessed the whole process without any assistance from a grown up.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

It's funny as we want our children to start doing new things and grow up but when they do, it's like, "where did our baby go"~LOL She is such a cutie pie and now a big preschooler! Will she be going to Kindergarten next fall?
Take care and happy holidays.
Rhonda