Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving was at Grandma Barbie's and Grandpa Frank's house. My older brother Frank came, as did my younger brother Kurt with his wife, Christine and his 3 kids, Kaitlin 5, Jackson 3 1/2 and Meredith 20 months. It was lots of fun.

Grandma bought Peppermint Ice Cream for the kids - and it was pink. Ally loved it! Becky, not so much, I wish I had a picture of her face when she tasted it.

Uncle Kurt & Jackson (Kurt & mini-Kurt) painting a bank.

Meredith enjoying playdough, while the big kids painted.

All the crafting!

Grandpa Frank reading a book to Ally & Kaitlin


Yes I bought them matching pajamas - they loved it!


For Christmas my brothers and I bought my parents each a new flat-screen TV. Here is my mom with hers.


The sunrise in the back yard on Thanksgiving morning.


Grandma Barbie with the grandkids and their banks.


Thanksgiving Day - the craft was making chocolate covered pretzel rods with sprinkles. It was great to see how much Ally and Kaitlin played together, but these pictures really show their cooperation skills. Here Ally is pouring the sprinkles, while Kaitlin hods the pretzel.

Then on the next one, they switched, and Ally held while Kaitlin sprinkled. I just supervised to make sure the sprinkles didn't end up all over the floor. They figured this process out all on their own.

This picture cracks me up. Meredith is looking at the camera, Grandma Barbie and Jackson are intently working on another pretzel rod, and Ally and Kaitlin are slurping up the leftover sprinkles!

Christine makin' gravy! For the first time ever my mom let someone assist with making the gravy.
Me, Christine and my mom.

Sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner.

Dad and his older sister, Aunt Linda. (the kids got a kick out of Grandpa Frank
being Aunt Linda's "baby brother" and Kurt being my "baby brother")

Kurt & Christine.

The girl cousins.

On The day after Thanksgiving we went to the Children's museum. Ally really enjoyed playing the "Diner".

Yes the sun was so bright Barbie had to put on her sun glasses. I think Becky's look says it all.

I finally got a picture of Ally with Uncle Frank! We were so glad he could join us, even if it was at the last minute!
We drove home on Friday night after dinner. We had a great time with my extended family, but it was good to get home and have the weekend to recover and get ready for the week ahead.

No comments: