Sunday, April 22, 2012

Great Day

Saturday April 14, 2012 was a great day. It was such a great day that I called my mom at 530PM to tell her what a great day it had been, and I had already talked with her in the morning before the day even started.
Why was it a great day?
Ally is why it was a great day.
We started at her usual Saturday morning gymnastics. This week both Becky and I were there, because we were having brunch and a play date with another family after gymnastics.
Gymnastics was AMAZING
Ally has her gymnastics mojo back, her excitement, her spark and it is just so wonderful to watch and witness it. This week she finally mastered her fear of the front pull over. Its a skill on the bar that starts as a pull up, and then she pulls her entire body over the bar. She did it over and over all by herself. At the end of class she came running calling Mommy Mommy come so I went I followed her into the gym (parents are never allowed in during class) and lead me over to the bar with her coach to show me up close what she could do. She was so proud of herself.
I think one of my favorite things about being a mom is watching my daughter gain confidence and pride in her accomplishment.
After gymnastics we had brunch with a friend of Ally's from school and her mom and then over to their house for a play date.
On the way home from the play date Ally asked for oatmeal to eat and then to go to the Museum with mama. So we came home, I made the oatmeal while Becky took a break. Ally ate almost an entire serving of oatmeal. Then she and Becky left for the museum. The pictures below are from their Museum of Science trip.

Ally "so excited" waiting for the IMAX to begin - it was her first IMAX experience. They saw one about dolphins. Ally told me it was like being in the water.

Here is Ally next to a dinosaur bone.
They were gone for a long time. I had a restful time by myself at home, this is when I called my mom to tell her about our day.
Just after I hung up the phone Becky called.
Ally had a bloody nose and could I come to the museum right away?
I just happened to have a work car for the weekend so I grabbed a change of clothes for Ally, some washcloths and ran out the door.
With no traffic I made it to the MOS in record time. I ran inside and asked for the first aid station. The nice security guard showed me the way. I opened the door and there was blood all over the floor, big splotches on Ally, the chair they were sitting on and an over flowing trashcan of bloody tissues, paper towels and toilet paper. It was pretty gross.
The blood had just stopped flowing. I held Ally and got her changed. I think by the time I got there Becky was more upset than Ally.
Ally's bloody noses are awful - so much blood - and they go on and on. Thankfully Ally no longer screams in terror during them.
I brought Ally home and put her to bed while Becky got us dinner and herself a well deserved beer.
The day was amazing, even with the bloody nose, and in a weird way the grown up kid way Ally dealt with it added to the amazing-ness of the day.

No comments: