Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lauren

Lauren is our babysitter. She is really so much more than that. Thanks to Lauren Becky and I get to work on time, Ally gets to school on time and with super consistency. For almost 2 years now Lauren comes to our house every weekday morning during the school year at 7:00 AM. I am usually gone, either to the office or the gym. As soon as she arrives our cat Bryce comes over to her for attention. Lauren sits on the couch and watches Dinosaur Train with Ally. She always has a smile on her face, and love in her heart for Ally.
Rain or shine, snow or ice, sick or not (she has NEVER called in sick) Lauren is there.
I often wonder how different out life would be without her. It certainly would not be as easy or calm.
In addition to the weekday gig Lauren usually babysits a few other times in a month.
Above are she and Ally on a Saturday afternoon. They were playing ball in the front yard and I asked them for a picture. I am hardly around when Lauren is, so I never get pictures of her - I think this is the second or third one I have of her.

We feel so fortunate to have someone who cares so strongly for and about Ally take care of her.

No comments: