Thursday, December 27, 2012

She is growing up

 

I am continually amazed at how Ally is growing up. Last week for our hair cuts she got her hair washed at the salon! She was pretty excited about it and kept saying how she was sure they would have a booster seat for her. IMG_1862IMG_1864

Ally looked so small in the big chair. But she had a big smile.

IMG_1876IMG_1871

With Feri our stylist and with me after our hair cuts.

Ally is so patient and happy. It was great.

IMG_1879IMG_1880

At ice skating lessons Ally is in the super beginning group and she listens carefully to the instructor. After lessons she told Becky and I how some of the things she learned – about how to slow down and balance better.

Then when she was home sick recently. I had an important meeting at work. So I brought Ally into my office and set her up with her dvd player and lunch so she would be occupied during my meeting.  As I walked down the hall to the conference room she said “I love you mommy” She watched Peter Pan while I met. When my meeting was over she was lying down in the cubby, the dvd out of the player, the player closed and her special things cuddled close to her. I asked her later why she didn’t come tell me the movie was over and she giggled at me and said “because you were meeting” as if how silly of me to think she did not understand that my meeting was important. I work hard to let Ally know she is the priority, not my work, but being a working parent is a tricky balance to maintain and I am fortunate enough to have a flexible schedule and get to spend a lot of time with her each and every day.

The recent event in Connecticut have me holding her a bit tighter, a bit closer and treasuring every moment a little bit more.

I love Ally so much.

No comments: