Friday, October 18, 2013

Cleveland Visit Day 1

My cousin Katy is having a baby! She is due on Grandma Barbie’s birthday, December 23. Ally and I flew to Cleveland for the weekend so I could attend her shower. We stayed with my brother Kurt and his family and Grandma Barbie was there as well.

IMG_4637IMG_4638

Friday, grandma stayed home and backed food for the shower – there she is breaking up pork sausage with her bare hands for the quiche. While Grandma cooked, I took Meredith and Ally to Target for some supplies. The girls each got a “slushee” or Icee as I call them and some popcorn to share. Safety conscious Ally pointed out the warning on the cart that showed children are not supposed to get in the basket. I told her I thought it would be ok as long as they did not stand up. She was skeptical, but her willingness to adhere to authority (mine) trumped her safety concern.

IMG_4666IMG_4665

The girls has a fun day together!

IMG_4641IMG_4644

After Target there was coloring and some exploring the river behind the house.

IMG_4647IMG_4651

Nature loving Ally climbed over braches and excitedly called out for me to “come see…deer tracks mommy” we saw deer tracks, and some other animal footprints as well.

IMG_4655IMG_4657IMG_4667IMG_4659

After the steep back up to the house – Ally counted 38 steps it was time for snack – cereal of course with Jackson and Meredith who were now home from school.

IMG_4662IMG_4660

We had some gift prep to do – my mom had an idea to put together a clothes line with new clothes for the 1st year of the baby’s life. The girls helped hang everything. Later on Aunt Martha brought some more outfits, with a picture of Katy wearing each of the “vintage” pieces.

IMG_4663

 

IMG_4671IMG_4674

Pizza for dinner out on the deck, then a fire and roasted marshmallows.

IMG_4677IMG_4678

I brought the kids matching pajamas and they cooperated for nice and silly pictures.

IMG_4684

Aunt Martha and Uncle Phil came for dinner – and Great Aunt Martha read Ally her bedtime book.

No comments: