Saturday, August 16, 2008

Catching Up

Last weekend we went to visit my parents, Grandma Barbie & Grandpa Frank, because my mom's sister, Ally's Great Aunt Martha was visiting. Barbie & Martha got a lot of work done on my parent's house and lots of fun and new experiences were had by everyone. You've all seen the singing video, well this is the first in a series of posts about the fun we had. Scroll down to see all the fun things we did!

The older generation shucking corn! Can you believe this was Martha's first time EVER shucking corn? She has lived in Illinois her entire life and had never shucked an ear of corn. Of course I documented it and promised it would be on the blog. Don't they all look so thrilled?

On our last morning there I wanted to get a picture of us. Ally was not very cooperative, my mom looks great, Martha looks shockingly like Mimi (my gandmother) to me in this picture and I am astonished by my smile - I guess I was trying really hard.

3 comments:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! What a good girl to through the play! She also was so brave to go down the slide by herself. She is so cute and I love her little shoes : )

Michelle Smiles said...

Behind on my blog reading...but wow Ally is getting so big!

Tricia said...

Ally is such a sweetheart! She has the sweetest face!