Tuesday, December 16, 2008

She's growing up!

There are two remarkable things for me about this photo. The first thing is that Ally is wearing 2 pairs of pants...because she pulled on a pair herself! There was a teeny teeny bit of help from Mommy, but really she did it on her own! She was very determined. Her first attempt at putting on pants had both legs in one pant leg, which led to a fall and some tears. But a few minutes later she did it!

The second remarkable thing is that, at the time of the photo, Ally was desperate to see "more pictures" on the camera. I told her "there are no more pictures, would you stand by the tree so I can take a picture of you and then you can see it?" She understood, stood by the tree, smiled and said cheese! I think my jaw dropped to the floor when an overtired little girl did all that.

The age of two can be very frustrating as a parent sometimes, but it also is really really amazing.

No comments: