Thursday, March 24, 2011

Job Chart

Ally likes to draw on small pads of paper - she has for a year now - she'll write or draw with a pencil or pen (not usually a crayon or marker) for a long time. She is usually working on "a project". On the way home from gymnastics on Thursday last week she worked on this one:
She came running in the house to show me her "job chart" (they have a job chart at school). She said it wasn't finished and we figured out a safe spot to keep it so she could keep working on it when she wanted. I especially like how she almost wrote the whole word Name in the upper left corner of the chart (2nd block down) it has the letters NAM. So cool that she remembered 3 of the 4 letters from the chart at school.
Pictured above is the completed chart.
She came home from a birthday party on Sunday and proudly showed me it was finished. I am so glad I took a picture of it on Thursday and so then I took one on Sunday after she went to bed. I know its not exactly an artistic masterpiece, but the focus, continued attention and what I think of as a pretty complex chart makes it a masterpiece to me.

No comments: