Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekend Morning

Its no secret that I am an early bird - always have been. Even on the weekend I usually wake up around 6-7Am. I so treasure my early morning time. During the week, it's the best part of my work week (yes I start in the office at 6AM). Becky has always been a late sleeper and Ally was too. But gradually Ally has been waking up earlier and earlier - not as bad as some kids we know, but still my solo time has been evaporating. At first it was a bit annoying, and then on vacation it meant I would go for a walk with Ally in the stroller and it was Ally and me time. Since we are home now I am trying to keep up the positive vibe and let Becky sleep in until 8AM and have some special time with Ally (no TV). Most recently she wanted to draw me a picture.

The artist! I love that she is finally wearing fleece footie pajamas - she loves them, sleeps well and is so cuddly!

The masterpiece.
Look carefully - Ally told me she knew how to draw an elephant - she had to stop and think for a minute to remember how, but then she did - its the animal in the upper middle section. I love the eye stickers (from Aunt Beth) that make a face on the left side of the paper. I asked her to write my name on it so she did that as well. She remembered all on her own that the first letter was J and then I spelled out the rest of the letters and she wrote the u l i e. After that she asked how to spell mommy and so I made an M for her to see and spelled that out and she wrote that too. I am so pleased with her letters!
The picture has flowers, 3-d stickers and princess ones too. I promptly hung it up on the wall.
Almost everyday Becky and I sign or comment on how grown up Ally is getting. We feel like the luckiest parents in the whole world to have such an amazing daughter.

No comments: