Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sick Again

Well, Ally is unfortunately sick again. Yes again. Last year she was so healthy she did not miss a single day of school. This year we are on sick day 10 - I think, I seem to have lost count. It appears to be the same thing it was in January - a virus. I got the call from school on Friday at 1130 that Ally was not feeling well and had a fever of 100.7. Anything over 100 means no school. So I went and picked her up. Saturday even with Motrin her fever was at 101.5. Sunday she seemed to be better, but the fever was still 99.9 / 100.3, so no school on Monday for Ally, and Becky stayed home with her. We felt like all was well, no fever all morning on Monday, good spirits etc, but then after a 2 hour nap the fever was back up again over 101. That meant no school on Tuesday. During the night she spiked a 102 fever and we were up with her for about 3 hours trying to help her feel better and get back to sleep. Tuesday Lauren our babysitter stayed with Ally in the morning and I came home at 11AM to a very sick little girl. Fever was better, only about 99.5, but a runny nose, lots of sneezing and a cough. Oh and so very very tired. She had very little appetite, but I got her to eat some cereal and with lots of cuddling and snuggling (she feel asleep on my lap 3 times) she took a long nap. I got a lot of work done while she slept and then watched a movie. After a while even felt well enough to dance and play for about 20 minutes. Then it was leapster game time and finally dinner, bath and bed. She slept all thru the night last night and Becky is home with her today. I so hope she feels better. I think this is the hardest part of being a parent - when your child is sick and there is almost nothing you can do to make her feel better.


Even sick she still can smile for mommy's camera. Especially since she had just beat me at Memory - the very long Toy Story one.

Coloring with mama.
I am just so excited to see Ally drawing pictures, and its so neat to see how she creates things. As you can tell the orange figure is a Fairy and then butterfly above it she drew and colored in.


A flower in the dirt and a ladybug.


Here she is working on a large ladybug.

No comments: