Thursday, January 26, 2012

School Concert

Today was Ally's first ever school concert. The entire Jr Kindergarten and Kindergarten - 4 classes were up on stage together to sing. After them grades 1, 2, 3 & 4 sang as well. I left work for a while to go see the concert. Ally was super excited about it - they sent home a letter saying all the students should wear dress clothes - no sneakers and no T-shirts. Ally picked out a dress, tights and she wore her party shoes! She was afraid she would get cold, and so I wore a dress and tights today out of solidarity! Its not that cold today though, about 40 degrees. But she also has her hair done in a French Braid. Ally has been growing it out a bit and the other night I put in a braid for her - see the last picture here - but Lauren is much better than me and she can French braid and so she put one braid along the crown of Ally's head. Yesterday when I picked Ally up it was all un-done and she has crazy post-braid waves in her hair. But today Lauren did it again and Ally looked so cute. She was so happy I could come to the concert.
I am very grateful to have the flexibility to do that.

There she is - sitting next to her friend Erik. They looked glued together - I think whenever the class goes and does something outside the normal routine these two stick together - they are always field trip buddies, and now this. Erik would not look at me, but as you can see Ally would.
Big smile!
But then when they stood up to perform I realized - Ally was sitting next to Erik - who is a tall kid, and her very tall friends were then standing in front of her as well. That circle is Ally's hair - that is all I could see of her during the performance!
Except the one time she peeked her head around Sofia (girl in front of her) to look for me.
Personally I thought it was pretty funny, there she is standing with Erik, in back of the tall 6 year old girls!
The concert was adorable - and I recorded it on my phone so we can listen to it at home, and then Becky can hear it as well!

Now the braid pictures from earlier in the week:

Silly smile so you can see the front One side.

Now some more pictures from after school today. I picked Ally up and she had kept her braid in all day - and its still in at 5:00 PM

So cute!

Ally wanted to play outside on the playground at school. She was all dressed up but not afraid to spin and run and have fun on the tire swing.



Lately Ally smiles so nice and big when I take her picture. Such a good sport.
When we got home I realized she got a sticker from her teacher - it said !Fabuloso!
Ally said all her classmates got one.

No comments: