Wednesday, November 16, 2011

5 years old today

5 year retrospective and sneak peak of her 5 year birthday party:



The first picture we ever saw of Alejandra.



Ally on her 1st birthday.



2nd birthday opening presents



Ally celebrating her 3rd birthday with a Pinkalicious Party



4th birthday was Olivia themed



Ally about to turn 5 so excited for her 5 year old Fish theme party






Months ago Ally decided she wanted a fish theme for her birthday party. I admit I groaned - its not that easy to find fish party goods or decorations. But the Internet is my friend and I am not one to shy away from a design or party challenge. This was the party display in Ally's room. A big fish and lots of smaller glitter fish.



The cupcake & food table in the dining room.




A sample of the fish swimming around the dining room.


Becky counted and we made 86 of the large fish, and Becky, Ally, Aunt Beth, our babysitter Lauren and I decorated each and every one of the larger fish on the walls.




I put all the fish up the night before the party while Ally was sleeping. She loved waking up and seeing all of the fish.


They are still up, and we'll take them down this weekend.




We hung balloons from the ceiling to make it feel as if you were under the water with the fish. Ally is waiting for her friends to arrive for her party.



And its not a birthday party without cupcakes that match the theme. Becky and Beth were up late working on these.


Ally and mommy.


It was a great party with Ally's Guatemalan Girls group on Sunday.


Last night we made cupcakes to bring to school today. I'm leaving work early to deliver the cupcakes and celebrate with her class. She is excited to have them sing Feliz Cumpleanos to her.




Then later today for dinner Ally's friend Stella and her family will come over for pizza for dinner and low key birthday (on the actual day) celebration.


Every year for 3 years now Stella always wants to have a party for Ally, so I thought this might be a nice way to liven up the actual day, when its usually just the 3 of us.




It's hard to believe Ally is 5. The past 5 years seem to have flown by, but at the same time I know they did not. I tell Ally all the time that I love her "oodles and oodles and bunches and bunches" and that she is "beautiful, smart, funny, strong, brave, silly" and that I am so glad she is my daughter.


Happy Birthday Ally.


I love you.


No comments: