Saturday, July 27, 2013

Julie turns 40

July 26 1973 was the date I was born. Yesterday was my 40th birthday.

Lots of people  asked if I felt older. Not much – I was excited it was my birthday. I love birthdays and in a stroke of brilliance I decided 4 days before my birthday that I wanted to celebrate with friends. I figured that since Ally’s birthdays are always so much fun and she has the Guatemala Girls over that I would have a blast too. So 4 days before I emailed the Guat moms and my fabulous friends changed plans, made arrangements and all of them came for dinner last night to celebrate.

IMG_2101IMG_2094

Earlier in the day Becky, Ally and I celebrated at home. They decorated the house, Ally put together a tissue flower arrangement, and I got great cards from relatives and amazing gifts.

IMG_2095IMG_2099

Acting silly with noisemakers.

IMG_2102IMG_2104

My lovely family!

IMG_2108IMG_3555

Becky and Ally worked really hard the past few weeks and made me a wonderful gift. It’s a picture frame and its decorated with “40 things I love about Mommy” Becky worked with Ally to come up with 40 things Ally loves about me. She typed  them up, printed them out, cut out the slips with each thing on it. They decoupaged heart paper on the frame and then decoupaged the 40 reasons on top of the fancy paper.

I love it, and them.

Some of the things:

  • I love when you do penny for my thoughts
  • I love when you tickle me
  • I love how you sing silly songs
  • I love how you say oodles and oodles
  • I love it when you get me from school
  • I love sniggling with you
  • I love when you drive me in the car
  • I love when you push me in the stroller
  • I love when  you help me go to sleep

40 reasons – it’s a real treasure

IMG_3553IMG_3556

I received 4 bouquets of flowers!

IMG_2111IMG_2114

Ally asked me if we could play musical chairs – of course I agreed. So here we all playing musical chairs. Alice’s mom Cheryl could not come, but her dad Tom came, and we had Roxie’s brother Charlie join us too.

IMG_2117photo

After musical chairs it was mat time and the girls did tricks on the  mat.

IMG_2124IMG_2126IMG_2129IMG_2130

We tried for a group photo – but Gabi was feeling too shy to join the gang on the couch. But Charlie, Alice, Ally, Rosa and Roxie were game.

IMG_2133

Kim brought margarita Jell-O shots! But not many of us are drinkers – and it was  the first time Julie (not me) and Becky had ever had them. That is Becky taking her first ever Jell-O shot! She said it was bizarre.

IMG_2136

After dinner, before dessert the kids begged to go outside and stomp in puddles. So I took them outside, and they all got soaked. And were pretty dirty, so them came in and of their own accord all of them got in the tub together to wash off clean. So how many adorable kids can you fit in a bathtub?

IMG_2137IMG_2138

After the puddle stomping and cleaning up – all 5 girls were in Ally’s room changing they dried each other’s hair! It was a beauty parlor in there.

IMG_2139IMG_2140IMG_2141IMG_2145

The ice cream cake was melting by then so I really quick got a picture of all 5 of them on Ally’s bed; L-R Roxie, Gabi, Ally, Alice and Rosa.

IMG_2147IMG_2149

My mint cookie ice cream cake was delicious! After dinner we played hide and seek, where the kids hide and the parents find their own child. Here are the parents with their eyes covered counting.

IMG_2156

After our friends left, the rain stopped and a rainbow (a double actually) came out. Becky took this picture of Ally and I with the beautiful sunset and the rainbow.

It was an amazing birthday. I am so lucky and blessed.

No comments: