Monday, July 1, 2013

New Doll

 

Ally got a new doll recently. It is the American Girl McKenna.

She asked for this one, because “she is a gymnast…like me”. I thought Ally would want one of the “look like me” dolls and was all set to take her to the store and have her pick it out. We went online and looked at them, and she told me “but I want McKenna” in her typical timid way. So we looked and there was no McKenna! She was a 2012 Girl of the Year and no longer available in the store! Ack – what’s a mom to do? I went online – they were outrageously priced at EBay but a quick search on Craigslist found a new in box McKenna at reasonable price with the seller willing to meet here in Cambridge the next day for the transaction! Turns out that some little girl’s parents and Santa got McKenna so they had an extra for sale. Just our good fortune!

So after swimming lessons on Saturday I had McKenna set up in Ally’s car seat and as you can tell he was thrilled!

IMG_3189IMG_3190

McKenna is quite the favorite right now – Ally took her shopping in her backpack, to the movies in another bag and they have matching dresses!

IMG_1997IMG_2000IMG_1977

This is the daily site in the morning at our house; Ally with her chocolate milk and cheerios watching TV with McKenna by her side.

No comments: