Tuesday, November 26, 2013

7 Year Check Up

Ally had her 7 year physical today. I took her by myself this year. It was the first time ever Becky and I did not both go to this annual well-visit. But the most convenient time I could get was a a 230 appointment, which meant I would pick Ally up from school early and Becky would have had to leave her school early.

Since we had no concerns it seemed logical.

No surprise, Ally is in excellent health. She is holding strong in the 15% percentile (WHO chart, not US growth chart) and weighed in at 41 pounds and 45 inches. 

She did need to get a flu shot, which was of course a dramatic scene of me holding her down in my lap with Ally crying hysterically. She had been clear she did not want to get a shot at this appointment, but our wonderful pediatrician over-ruled Ally and explained that coming back another time would be a bad idea and would expose Ally to sick kids.

We came home after the appointment and let her watch a movie.

IMG_5300

Silly face girl. I love her so very much and am very grateful for her good health.

No comments: