Sunday, May 4, 2008

MORE

Ally's latest favorite word is more. It means "give me more of what I have" " give me more of something different" "turn on the tv" "give me water" "get me that book" " no not that book, the other book" "I don't know what I want, but you are the mom, get me more of something"

I think it gets to Becky sometimes, since she is with Ally all day, but to me she looks so cute, and so earnest. And she can communicate, which I just love, that I try and think of it as a game and figure out what she wants. We have taught her to say please as well - so she'll say "more" and we ask "Ally, so you want more blueberries" If she signes again for more and says more then we say " can you ask please more blueberries?" and she'll do the sign for please. She also uses please when she REALLY wants something. We try and keep TV to a minimum - she only watches Sesame Street and another PBS show called Word World, but she loves TV (What kid doesn't) so lately during the day she'll sign more to Becky and then please, and point to the TV or to where we hide the remote. Yes she knows where we hide the remote - I guess its not really hidden if she knows where it is, but its up high so she can't reach it.

Here she is looking cute doing her sign for more:

I really want more

I want more of that!


Ah, you figured out what I wanted.


Now that you got me more, I'm happy and will smile for the camera.

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

More is also Sabrina's catch all sign. She doesn't say the word but will sign it intently if she wants something. The only things it doesn't cover are crackers, cookies, or milk - those get their own sign. But everything else she wants is more. Cracks me up.