Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

For the past several years we spend Mother's Day with my mom (Barb) in NY. My mom, Becky, myself and my dad all play mini-golf on the Saturday before Mother's Day and then we go eat at J.umping J.acks - its an old out door seating burger and fries place. This year 3 of us were moms, and Ally was there to enjoy it. The other really neat, awesome thing was that this year my mom won the tournament! She kicked our butts.
Ally was a good sport - she stayed in the stroller for the first 9, then wandered in glee as you can see from one of the pictures for a few holes, and then I wore her in the E.rg.o for the last few holes. I must say that having a toddler strapped to one's chest makes playing miniature golf a challenge. But I would not have traded it for anything in the world - all she wanted was to be held close. My dad took this photo - his first ever with a digital camera! I look pretty silly, and Ally could care less, but here we are; Grandma, moms, daughters and granddaughter.

Ally prancing around the golf course. She was so excited to run down the ramp.

Her shirt says " Grandma's Sweetie"


A HOLE IN ONE!!! Yes, my mom shot a HOLE IN ONE!!!!

Ally and Becky at dinner - Ally loves her fruit. Recently she's graduated from just mandarin oranges to the real ones in slices.


Here is the whole family. Too bad I couldn't get Ally to look at the camera.

It was a nice weekend. I feel so fortunate to spend the Holiday with my mom every year.


1 comment:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Wow it sounds like your mom is a good golfer.

I can never get Mia to look at the camera either! Even if Ally isn't looking she is still a cutie.