Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weekend

Sorry for the long time without any post. Most people who read this know my GrandmaMimi passed away 2 weeks ago. Then we went to NY to spend Mother's Day with my mom and this past weekend we traveled to Chicago for my Grandma's memorial service. It was a beautiful day and the ceremony was just want she would have wanted; all of her family (children, grand children and great grand children) there to celebrate her life, all 90 years of it. I always felt so blessed to have my grandma around for so much of my life, and I am pleased that in November we went to visit her, the pictures and memories from that trip are very special.
All of this to say, that while I took lots of pictures this weekend, there are not many cute shots of Ally. It was a lot of traveling for a short time, and her schedule was pretty upset. She was a trooper though, through both flights, and 2 nights in the hotel. (She actually slept through the night both nights, and napped on my shoulder during the flights) It was wonderful to spend that time with my family, and introduce Ally to members she had not yet met yet.

This is best picture of Ally - she was trying to escape the luncheon and run around the hotel lobby!
Ally cuddled in to me, with my Uncle Phil.

This is my older brother, Frank, his dog Hope, and Ally with Becky. Ally was so happy to meet the dog.

In other news Ally had her 18 month doctor visit yesterday. She was declared in good health; she weighed in at 20 lbs 3 oz and 30 1/4 inches tall. Yes, our petite thing remains a very light weight. We were given instructions to try and bulk her up, but not to worry too much. We go back in 2 months for another weight check. Developmentally Ally is doing great. No shots or blood drawn this visit, so we did great too!

1 comment:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say, but I am sorry.

As always Ally is a cutie especially in her pretty dress.


Many (((HUGS)))